What is the CEC program?
Where are we located?
- The CEC program was developed with the aim of supporting young and adult jobseekers from CALD backgrounds who are facing barriers to entry and re-entry to employment pathways, particularly in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- The program is supported by the Department of Families, Fairness and Housing (DFFH) and works in collaboration with Jobs Victoria
Who is eligible?
- In the Western Metropolitan Region, MiCare deliver the CEC program in partnership with Wyndham Community & Education Centre. We service the following Local Government Areas: Hobsons Bay, Brimbank, Maribyrnong, Melton, Wyndham.
- In Melton, we are co-located at the Melton Central Community Centre on 239 Station Rd, Melton VIC 3337.
What we do?
- Young people aged 16+ and adults up to 65 years
- From a CALD background (for example, English is not your first language or your family speaks a second language)
- Any Visa status
- Can be a student or already employed
- We are a free and voluntary service for anyone who is eligible
Other services MiCare provides:
- Engage with jobseekers to identify their needs and options
- Help prepare for employment through information, referral and connection support
- Collaborate with local communities and networks
- You can talk to us over multiple sessions, depending on your needs
Integrated family and client services
- Casework and Capacity Building
- Women’s Safety Programs
Education and Employment
- Hope@Hand Social Enterprise
- Adult, Community and Further Education (ACFE)